Saturday, December 13, 2008

Make a wild animal!



Another great site is Switch Zoo. This site used to be entirely free, but over the last year or so they started packaging the “game” for sale on CD. I have to admit, this is one of my biggest pet peeves as a teacher. You find a great, free site to use with your class, and as soon as you make it part of your routine, the site becomes a paid site. Anyway, some features of this site are still free (just enough to hook you). I had my class create a new animal, print it out in color, and then build a habitat out of clay to match their new animal. Have your class:

  1. Create a name for the new animal
  2. Create a habitat
  3. Explain how the animal adapts to survive in the habitat
  4. Explain what the animal eats, how it gets food, and how it protects itself.
  5. Write a creative story about the new animal: “My New Pet”, “A Strange Day at the Zoo”

No comments:

Post a Comment