Sunday, December 14, 2008

Art Websites Don’t Get the Recognition They Deserve

So far you have seen me write post after post about academic websites. What about artistic websites? I have to admit I am the one person in my family who is not artistic. My brothers and sisters were born artists. I popped out a teacher. How did that happen? Anyway... There are several art websites that are worth checking out. Several of these websites have the capability to share the art once it is created. Isn’t that the best part about the Read/Write/Share web? Students want to feel like they are part of a larger community. They want to have a voice among their peers by contributing to the content of the web. There are several ways to do so in writing, and now you can by drawing and painting.


Appropriately named - instead of building a Potato, you build a Picasso.


Art Pad
It’s like an online canvas! Paint away, my friends, paint away.


Tate Britain: Create Your Own Collection

You are in charge! Pick your favorite masterpieces and create a collection. Share with friends!



MoMA: The Museum of Modern Art

Go on an art safari with your class! Explore art and discuss the questions along the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment