Monday, December 29, 2008

Create a website: Easy, Quick, and Fun with Weebly.com

While reading Darren Draper’s blog entry about Google Sites, I followed a link that he recommended for creating quick and easy webpages. He mentioned that he thought it was easier to create a site on Weebly.com than on Google Pages, which completely intrigued me since I thought Google was pretty darn easy. So, I clicked on Weebly to check it out. The result? WOW! Thank you Darren Draper!

Weebly.com has an easy drag-and-drop interface that allows users to create a website in minutes. There is also an interactive demo that walks you through the process to get you started. Basically, Weebly will provide you with a series of tabs to click on: “Elements” (where you add content), “Design” (pick a theme), “Pages” (to create new pages), and “Settings” (to manage what you have created). You also have the option to create a blog in Weebly. I haven’t tried this feature since I blog on this site. Users have the choice of buying new domains if they want or hosting their existing domains for free on Weebly. I love it! What a great alternative for people who do not want to deal with HTML code and managing content sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment