- Arcademic Skill Builders: Mostly LA and math games
- Brain Training Games: Keep your brain in shape
- Fun 4 The Brain: math, LA and science games
- Free Rice: For every correct answer, rice is donated to a hungry family
- Math Playground: math games
- Scrabble Online
- Statetris: Like Tetris, but with geography
- Spelling City: spelling practice
- KidZone: games in many subjects
- Kerpoof: great for comics and digital storytelling
Sunday, May 24, 2009
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
- "Each year a selection of ingenious students - from primary to university age - are invited along to BAFTA in London's Piccadilly to show and talk about the extraordinary things they are doing with new technologies in their learning. During the day the students explain just what it is that they are doing. Each year is more ambitious; each year poses real questions for policymakers and parents as the ambitions of these 21st century learners, together with their ability to deliver on these ambitions, becomes apparent."
- Students from elementary school through college using technology
- Special needs students using technology (learning disabled, autistic, and MR)
- Movie Maker for student made videos
- Google Sketch Up for building design
- Cell Phones in education
- Satellite technology
- Clay animation
- Web Design in Flash, Director, Dream Weaver
- Gaming in education
- Pocket PCs
And this was just the first page!!
Is there really any argument for not using technology in the classroom? I think not.
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Monday, May 11, 2009
If YouTube is blocked at your school, copy and paste this video link and view it at home:
Animal Cams at the Smithsonian National Zoo
This page from the National Zoo has many cams to choose from including: gorilla, lion, panda, octopus, tamarin, leopard, flamingo, and more! One of my friends told me about this site, and now I can share it with you!
Monterey Bay Aquarium Web Cams
Monterey's site includes cams that feature otters, a kelp forest, penguins, and a live view of the bay underwater.
Biodiversity Research Institute's Eagle Cam
This is one of my favorites. You can choose to go to this page and watch 15 second updates, or you can click the preview window to see a live feed (recommended). I used this site with my class and we were able to watch a pair of bald eagles feed their babies!
Biology Resources for Teachers
Food Chain Games
Make a Wild Animal
Way Cool Science Sites
Science Videos on Vimeo
Friday, May 8, 2009
Oddcast PhotoFace is a website I came across the other day that allows you to upload a headshot of your face and it will turn it into a digital avatar for you that can be posted to Facebook, downloaded, or embedded into websites. Once the image is uploaded, you can change your race, facial expressions, hair color, and facial hair (for men). In addition, you can add audio with a microphones, text-to-speech, or call it in by phone.
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Life Cycle of a Frog (Web Blender can show the cycle using action buttons)
Animal Reseach Reports
Do you want more resources on Web Blender? Check out these links:
Friday, May 1, 2009